Saturday, August 18, 2012

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

The first step to having the wedding of my dreams is making sure that all my best ladies will stand by my side.

For awhile, I was debating just having my sister and J's sister stand up for me but the more I thought about it I knew that looking back I would be sad to not have pictures of me with all my girls. So, from a  bridal party of two I jumped to a bridal party of eight. Eight ladies, I know, that's pretty crazy, but between high school ladies, sorority sisters and family I couldn't not have eight. Eight, who all mean the world to me and who I can't imagine not being a part of our big day.

Once my mind was made up about having all my ladies by my side I knew that I wanted to come up with a unique way to ask them. I had been searching the web and immediately when I came across these vintage hankies on Wedding Chicks I knew they had to be a part of it all.

After many hours of pinterest searching, I knew I also wanted to incorporate elements of kraft paper, lace, baker's twine, chalkboard and a personal message for each of my girls. This is what I came up with.


The materials: 

Lace Tape
Baker's Twine
Chalkboard Pen
Chalkboard Tags
Kraft Paper Cards and Envelopes




First, I wrote a note on each card.



Next, I added accents and tied the hankie to the card.





Finally, I sat back and smiled at myself for coming up with an awesome card for my maids. I love that while they were the same concept for each of my ladies they were also slightly different through the personal notes that I wrote for each girl and the slightly different hankie patterns and fonts. I wish I had ironed these before taking the pictures but you get the idea. 









I hope you like them as I much as I do!

Love,
Malia E


No comments :

Post a Comment