Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Be Our Guest

My friend Miriam and I have known each other for over 15 years now. We met in middle school and were fast friends. We have seen each other through the high school years, we were college roommates and even worked together after college. We have been together for a lot of life's big moments and I was so thrilled when she asked me to be Co-Maid of Honor at her wedding.

Miriam has always been a fan of Beauty and the Beast, and we even went to see it in 3-D last winter, at least we could be adult about it by going at a dinner theater night showing and ordering a bottle of wine to enjoy during the movie. Although, in hind sight this might not have been the best plan, insert tipsy twenty somethings singing along with Lumiere and the rest of the house mates to "Be Our Guest" at the top of our lungs. 

Anyway, when it came to planning Miriam's bridal shower, I knew that I wanted to somehow incorporate the Beauty and the Beast theme without being overly toddler. My friend Rachael and I worked hard to develop a parisian themed bash for the bride and it could not have been more fun!

In sticking with the theme, the invitations and color scheme included red and gold yellow. We pulled out a spread of the "characters" and added in a picture of the bride and groom an a framed copy of the invitation.


The entry way

The characters


We had a fantastic spread, thanks to Rachael and her parisian themed menu.



Delicious red wine marscapone cupcakes


The mimosa bar


The bride, getting the party started!


The bride and the high school girls.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Miriam and her upcoming wedding and I can't wait for this weekend's big bachelorette party and to stand by her side next month when she says, "I do!" 

Love,
Malia E

**Man, I really need to get better at this whole taking pictures thing!






No comments :

Post a Comment