Friday, August 17, 2012

He Proposed!

And I Said Yes!!! At least I said yes after I got over the shock! I can't believe he pulled it all off!

Jon and I met in college and were just friends for years. It wasn't until the last few months of undergrad at George Mason University that friendship turned to flirting and then it was months before flirting turned to texting, then came casual dating and eventually came the realization that we just didn't want to date anyone else. So, after 6 years of dating, 2 years of co-habitation, experience overcoming some of life's biggest hurdles and disappointments and countless memories of good times we are making it official.

The proposal was a total shock. Jon has been seen many times over looking at me and saying," I got you good chicken f*$%er!" And, I have to admit he certainly did.

After months of trying to get Jon to agree on a plan for his 30th Birthday, I finally put my foot down a week before and told him we were going to grab a keg two kegs, hit up Costco for bulk burgers and dogs,  send out a last minute E-vite  and call it a party. And a party it was!

Jon has great friends so there was a great turn out of fraternity brothers, high school friends and family and the party got off to a great start. My dad manned the grill and Jon and the guys guarded the kegs. We drank margaritas, played corn hole and caught up on gossip. We had so much fun that time flew by and so as many were getting ready to head out, I ran inside to grab the cake.

We sang, made fun of Jon for hitting his 'old man' 30's and then Jon told me he wanted to make a speech. I found this fitting as he is an 'entertainer' so I stepped out of the spotlight to let him bask in the glory of being the Birthday Boy.

And to my surprise the spotlight was flipped back on me....



You can't see much, but needless to say, I was completely shocked and of course, after the tears and shock subsided, I said, "Yes!"


Let's end with a close up.....

Ahhhh!!! So excited to be marrying my best friend!

Love,
Malia E

1 comment :

  1. Awww… That was so sweet! :D Your man really knows how to surprise you. Anyway, your ring looks so beautiful. The diamond is so big. I wonder how many carat is that. It fits perfectly on your ring finger. :D
    Milagro Clemmons @ Diamonds Direct

    ReplyDelete